An Evidence-Based Handbook for Physicians
The Prevention and Treatment of Disease with a Plant-Based Diet, includes 25 of our articles, all published in peer-reviewed medical journals, together in one invaluable book.
- Lynn Fioretti, DO. Veterans Administration, Silverdale, WA
- Helmuth Fritz, MD. Internal Medicine. Loma Linda, CA
- Sean Hashmi, MD. Nephrologist, Kaiser Permanente, CA
- Keith Hanson, MD. Family Medicine, Brewster, WA
- Chan Hwang, MD. Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine, Puyallup, WA
- John Kelly, MD. ACLM Founding President, Adjunct Faculty, Loma Linda University Health, CA
- George Lee, MD. Family Medicine, Overlake Medical Center, Bellevue, WA
- Joseph Marquez, MD. Urologist. Polyclinic, Seattle, WA
- F. Patricia McEachrane Gross, MD. Family and Preventive Medicine, Port Angeles, WA
- Esther Park-Hwang, MD. Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Tacoma ,WA
- Brenda Rea, MD, Family and Preventive Medicine Residency and Lifestyle Medicine, Loma Linda Univ, CA
- Tim Riesenberger, MD. Emergency Medicine, Federal Way, WA
- Melissa Sundermann, DO, FACOI. Lifestyle Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI
- Michelle Tollefson, MD. FACOG, Lifestyle Medicine, Denver, CO
- Rachael Wyman, MD. Cardiologist, Kaiser Permanente, Seattle, WA
Covers a wide variety of pathologies:
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic Kidney disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Diverticular disease
- Gall stone disease
- Hashimoto’s and Grave’s disease
- Ischemic heart disease
- Prostate cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Type II Diabetes
- Ulcerative colitis
- Managing pregnancy
- Case studies
The prevention and treatment of disease with a plant-based diet has a scientific foundation and is considered evidence-based medicine. Yet few physicians are making use of this valuable prophylaxis and treatment. This book has been written to guide the practicing physician on how to treat their patients with a plant-based diet, in addition to medications and surgery.
Share a flyer about this book with colleagues or friends: The Prevention and Treatment of Disease with a Plant-Based Diet flyer
Welcome to Plant-Based Diets in Medicine. For years, research has shown the efficacy of a diet composed of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts to help both prevent and treat a wide variety of common diseases. Many individual research reports have been published throughout various medical journals.
Here we publish articles pulling the relevant research together to give you as complete a picture as possible of the power of plant-based diets to treat and prevent disease. In addition, we point out what we think is most relevant for your patients and practice.
We respect your privacy. We only send you the emails you request, and never share your email address with anyone else.
This project is sponsored by the non profit Vegetarians of Washington. It is entirely funded by your donations. We need support to cover Author Publishing Charges when submitting articles to peer reviewed medical journals. If you support this project, please consider making a tax-deductible donation. Vegetarians of Washington is a 501(c)3 organization, registered in the state of Washington.
This article was published in the International Journal of Pulmonary & Respiratory Sciences Abstract Asthma is the ...
This article was published in JOJ Ophthalmology Abstract Age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) is the leading cause o ...
This article was published in the Open Access Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery Abstract Parkinson’s disease (PD) ...
This article was published in the Open Access Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery. Abstract Diabetic Peripheral Neuro ...
This article was published in Advanced Research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Abstract Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty ...
This article was published in Advanced Research in Gastroenterology & Hepatology. Abstract Zinc is an essential mi ...
This article was published in Orthopedics and Rheumatology Open Access Journal. Abstract Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vit ...
This article was published in Orthopedics and Rheumatology Open Access Journal Abstract Patients on a plant-based diet ...
This article was published in the journal Advanced Research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Abstract Many people, i ...
This article was published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Therapy Abstract Epidemiologic ...
This article was published in Advanced Research in Gastroenterology & Hepatology. Abstract By age 60, two-thirds of ...
This article was published in the journal Advanced Research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Abstract Vitamin B12 is ...
This article was published in the journal Endocrinology and Metabolism International Journal. Here’s the full p ...
This article was published in Advanced Research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology Abstract Epidemiologic studies show ...
In each specialty, see all relevant articles written:
Resources we offer to support your patients