Vegetarians of Washington has been helping people to change to a vegetarian diet for the past 17 years. We have the following resources available for you to provide or recommend to your patients:
Introductory health-focused brochures
Available free for self-printing, including:
Recommended books, including:
- In Pursuit of Great Food – our new plant-based shopping guide, including what to buy, understanding ingredients, labels and more.
- Say No to Meat – a helpful book to answer all your questions about why and how to go veggie, including a number of easy starter recipes.
- The Veg-Feasting Cookbook – a comprehensive cookbook, with recipes provided by local restaurants and Vegfest chefs, covering a wider range of different cuisines.
Events in and around Seattle:
- Vegfest, our annual vegetarian food festival held in the spring of each year, where patients can taste a wide variety of available food products, and learn about cooking from our chefs, and health from our physician speakers.
- Monthly catered dinners, where patients can enjoy tasty meals and meet others following a similar diet.
- Classes – with accurate, up-to-date health information, general or focused on a specific disease, and with practical shopping and cooking advice.